Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you ship outside the 48 contiguous states (example Hawaii, Alaska, Canada, Puerto Rico)?
Yes we can. Shipping prices quoted on the website are for shipments within the 48 contiguous states. International shipments as well as shipments into HI, AK, PR and APO will be quoted per order to acquire the best possible shipping rate. Customs brokerage, duties and taxes are not covered in the shipping rate and will be billed directly to you separately by the carrier.
- We urge you to be 100% comfortable before placing your order. Please feel free to request swatches and samples as needed.
- Returns must be received back within 30 days from date of purchase for stock items such as hooks, baskets, bins, most accessories, etc.
- Made-to-Order, Custom-Made, and Custom-Size products are Non-Returnable
- Damage claims must be made within 5 business days of receipt
- You are responsible for the shipping costs to return your items back to us
- Your returned order is subject to a 20% re-stocking charge
- Contact us for Return Authorization Number
- Please write the above Return Authorization Number clearly on the outside of all carton(s). Without this number clearly visible, your package will not be accepted by our Returns Department.
- For credit, your items must arrive back to us in re-sellable condition. Therefore please use adequate packaging materials to avoid shipping damage.
- Once your items have been received and verified to be in re-sellable condition, we will issue you a refund back against your original method of payment for the material portion of your order (less shipping)
Where is all of this cool stuff made?
A lot of it is made in our factory in Pittsburgh, PA. We design, engineer, manufacture and sell all under one roof. We have no middle men or distributors to worry about which means you get great gear at great prices.
What thickness metal should I use?
Determining the appropriate material thickness for a given loading condition is an engineering question that we cannot answer. Every material, no matter how thick, will have some deflection when loaded, whether that deflection amount is imperceptible or not. The amount of deflection is dependent on the material thickness, material's physical properties and the largest unsupported span. There may be some online calculator tools which attempt to predict this amount of deflection. Generally speaking, 0.045" and 0.063" are used as "veneers" and 0.125" and 0.250" are used in structural applications.
Can I get some custom stuff made?
Yes. There will usually be a minimum quantity required which depends on the complexity of the item. We wish we could make all the cool ideas people call with us. But in order to offer great gear at great prices we use very high production machinery and processes which only make sense for production type quantities.
Shipping cost depends on the following:
- Ship To Location
- Shipping to Residence or Business
- Shipment Weight (we'll figure this out)
- Dimensions of Shipment (we'll figure this out too)
Call our Live Customer Support, and we'll get you quick shipping quote.
How long does it take to ship orders?
3-5 business days.
If shop load is high, turn around time can stretch to 7-10 business days.
Back ordered item are 3-4 weeks.
What do I do if my order arrives damaged?
Almost all shipment damage happens due to accidental mishandling by the freight company. Before signing the shipping papers, check the condition of the shipping cartons. If you notice any damage to the carton(s), mark the shipping papers accordingly before signing. If the product(s) inside are indeed damaged, this will greatly help expedite the replacement process. If product is indeed damaged, call our Live Support and we'll help you get a replacement quickly. Most often we'll ask you to email us a digital photo of the damage. Once we have your photo, replacement is usually quick and easy.
What do I do if I ordered the wrong item?
Call our Live Support along with your order number. We'll ask you to return the item back to us at your cost. If the item arrives back in re-sellable condition, we'll issue a credit to your credit card accordingly.
What do I do if I need to exchange an item?
Call our Live Support along with your order number. We'll ship your new item right away and ask you to return the other item back to us at your cost. If the item arrives back in re-sellable condition, we'll issue a credit to your credit card accordingly.
The CVV code or security code is 3 to 4 digit number on the backside of your credit card. This code provides additional security for your protection.
Why is my credit card being declined?
A declined credit card can be frustrating. Unfortunately we don't know any more than you do of why your credit card is being declined by your bank. The best thing to do is to contact your bank and explain the problem.
Why do you need additional proof of identification on larger orders?
For larger orders, we may ask for any or all of the following as additional security for your protection:
- fax copy of your driver's license
- fax copy of your business license
- fax copy of your business card
- emailed photo of your store front
- signed copy of your order faxed back to us